Supporting transition activity for 5-7 year olds
Read my blog
|Transition in schools is a difficult time for children (and staff), and some children can feel anxious and scared which can impact on their behaviour, ability to build relationships with their new teacher and feel settled in their new class. This activity supports the transition process.||Weekly advice and tips supporting the emotional care and management of behaviour of primary school children.|
|A simple and effective tool for helping children manage anxiety, feel safer and happier in school and develop self regulation.
- The importance of good working relationships
- Not making assumptions about children’s understanding
- My needs don’t matter – the danger of children being people pleasers
- Is this child “having a drama” or is it a lack of resilience?
- From snatching to sharing…..the benefits of emotionally focused group work