- Is this child “having a drama” or is it a lack of resilience?
- From snatching to sharing…..the benefits of emotionally focused group work
- How to help a child who finds it hard to sit still on the carpet
- Responding to and helping children after yesterday’s Manchester bomb attack
- Giving children permission to make mistakes
Tag Archives: emotional well being
Some children may have learnt to respond in a defensive way as a coping mechanism to manage the feelings of anxiety and fear that situations evoke in them. The child may present as feeling the opposite of this, for example, … Continue reading
Children do not want negative comments or attention for challenging behaviour, but some children may have learnt that any attention is better than no attention and therefore may evoke negative reactions from adults. Children who seek attention in the form … Continue reading