- Is this child “having a drama” or is it a lack of resilience?
- From snatching to sharing…..the benefits of emotionally focused group work
- How to help a child who finds it hard to sit still on the carpet
- Responding to and helping children after yesterday’s Manchester bomb attack
- Giving children permission to make mistakes
Tag Archives: fear
My heart goes out to all those affected by last night’s bomb attack. I have been working in a primary school in Manchester all day today and listening to staff and children trying to make sense of last night’s event, expressing … Continue reading
Exploring how anxiety presents itself in school.
This is what a seven year old child told me several weeks ago during our first play therapy session. He witnessed domestic violence for the first few years of his life but his life is now more settled and stable, … Continue reading
Children who grow up in a family where there is domestic violence learn powerful lessons about the use of control, intimidation and force in relationships. They learn that aggression is part of everyday life and it is acceptable to shout … Continue reading